Current Employment Opportunities
We are a locally owned moving & storage company in Southern Oregon and are looking to expand our team. We are currently accepting applications for a Part-Time Mover. We offer in-house training and always promote from within.
To qualify for this position, you must have proven moving experience and possess strong customer service skills. To be successful in this role, you must be mature, reliable and committed to delivery high-quality service expected from a moving professional.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable personal transportation
- Ability to lift 100 lbs repeatedly – without the use of equipment – while climbing, balancing, kneeling, walking, etc.
- Be a great team player and effective leader
- Fluent in English with good communication skills
- Adhere to all AYM policies and procedures
- Flexible availability – some evenings & weekends
- Move household goods, furniture, appliances, exercise equipment,
commercial equipment, etc
- Disassemble and assemble furniture
- Blanket wrap furniture to prevent damage
- Load and unload moving trucks by hand or use of hand truck
- Pad, stack and secure items in position on truck
We are 100% drug free – applicants must pass a DOT drug test (includes Marijuana; we are Federally regulated) and background check for previous
Starting Pay Rate: $15/Hr. to start + Bonuses & Tips
ORGANIZED? INDUSTRIOUS? LIKE PEOPLE? THIS IS YOUR JOB!
Who We Are:
- We are the movers. We leave the heavy stuff for our moving crew professionals, though you must be able to lift 30lbs.
- We help decide what moves; we pack, unpack, set up the new home as the client requests (i.e. put clothes in the closet, towels on the rack, glasses in the cupboard). We can organize items to be auctioned, donated to charity, consigned or taken to the dump. And, yes, we get rid of the boxes at the end of the day! If there’s a job a client needs done, we do it!
- We respect clients as family. Our client’s transition experience is the key to our success. We don’t just move their old problems to a new location.
- This is a part-time position; benefits are not available at this time.
- We will train you on all aspects of your job.
- Pay Rate is $13.00 per hour to start with raises based on performance.
- Hours vary week-to-week, and month-to-month. PLEASE NOTE: If you’re looking for a consistent 20-40 hour week, this is not the job for you.
- Shifts tend to be M-F between the hours of 8am-6pm (Mornings required). Shifts are typically a max of 6 hours.
- This is a drug free work environment; we test for illegal substances, including marijuana, prior to hiring and randomly on an ongoing basis. You must pass a background check prior to hiring.
What we require from our team members:The concept of being on a “team” is a practice, not just a word.
- Take direction while also showing initiative and creative drive.
- Seek out more efficient ways to do the task at hand.
- Respects the client’s life, time, privacy, and the expense of our service.
- Not easily freaked out by dirty houses, handling peoples’ clothes or personal effects.
- Organized thinkers.
- Finds the FUN in the work while remaining efficient and professional.
- High School graduate.
- Be healthy; able to be on your feet for a whole shift, and able to lift 30lbs. We sometimes shift boxes within a room or reposition furniture.
- At least one-year commitment (after trial period).
- No smokers, perfume wearers or drug use.
We want to know why you’re interested in the job and why your personality is a fit. A formal resume is not required, but if you have one, please e-mail it as a PDF or Word document. Tell us about yourself and what you’ve done in the past (paid or not). We’re looking to see if your personality and work ethic are a fit with our team.
E-mail to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS!
Crater Lake Avenue, Central Point, OR